My Thoughts

Every single day that I live, wake up, cross Taft, deal with patients and seniors, there comes a point when I stop and sort through the hell-lot-of-things that I do and wonder,  what matters?

So, what does?

I'm quite sure it's not poverty.  It's not the hierarchy.  Not the popularity.  Not the superficiality.  It's not even the impression I have of people and vice versa.  It's not about being the most efficient person in the team, not about being the crowd's favorite.  Not the money, not the niceness, not the awards, not the title.

What I do know is,
  • It doesn't matter if you are klutzy, or have given the worst first impression, as long as you prove to people that you are becoming better and better by the day.
  • Don't mind people saying bad things about you.  Live with your life.  Bark..bite..fight if they stand in your way.  They don't matter.
  • It matters to do something for people.  Making a positive difference matters.
  • Everyone is equal.  I don't believe in hierarchy.  I believe in respect.  Respect is earned.  So I find the statement, I deserve some respect, funny.  People will respect you when you're due it.  Wag mo na ipagsigawan na walang respeto sa 'yo, dahil malamang, you didn't earn it.  Gets?  And the phrases that follow are even more ridiculous like...dahil babae ako..dahil mas matanda ako..dahil seniority dito.  Nope, not valid.
  • Question the rules.  Don't follow blindly.  You know why?  because that's an insult to your frontal lobe.  Rules are made for a purpose.  So when you feel that something is violated by a policy, then maybe it's time to say your piece.  You're not asking them to change the rule, you're just asking why a rule is followed, walang masama dun.
  • Mean what you say.  Sincerity sustains and protects relationships. 
  • Happiness matters and no one has the right to question what or who makes you happy.  That's your choice.  And it's your life.
  • Character is character.  It is revealed by how you speak, how you talk, how you walk the talk, how you handle stress, how and when you put your foot down, how you work.  Character matters.
  • Nice people aren't necessarily good people.  Believe me.  
  • Looks matter up the a certain point, but they lose to other more important factors at the first lap of the race.  I won't get stuck to it, unless I'd like to disable my senses and just stare and stare and stare.  I realize it really belongs to the "Bonus" category.
  • Money and popularity...too worldly. :)  maybe, they're effective means..but definitely not the end.
  • No one is above anyone.  We are all life's targets.  
  • Doesn't matter if you're too safe, or if you are too risky, as long as you get what you need and what you want and you feel fulfilled, then you pat your back and treat yourself to some ice cream.
  • Faith matters.  Love matters.

Comments

taonglangit said…
looks like you have been through a lot. way to go twinx!
Anonymous said…
hey, goody girl! (and i mean that well, oks?)

i agree... and i wanna be like you when i grow up ahaha!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm scared.

Palawan Adventures: Quezon