A Post-Duty's Realization


We work like carabaos in rotations that make us do so.  So I understand doctors who place so much value on their status.  Several years of medical education and training equate to power, exclusive knowledge and skill, not to mention that we deal with life.  

But we are not doctors if we don't have patients.

My point is, we just can't be too proud.  As much as we know how to diagnose and treat patients or relieve their symptoms at the very least, we too are just human beings.  Several years of grueling studying and going on duties does not give us a bit of the right to verbally abuse them and not mind how they feel at all.  They may need as more, but need them too.  

My friend said it's just so easy to be like that when you're working in a very stressful environment and when you are responsible for a lot of things.

I honestly don't buy that.

This may sound vindictive but I wish that doctors who doesn't realize this be put in place.  I hope they can experience how it is to be a patient with no money, be very sick, and be insulted by somebody he truly respects and once hoped would be his savior.

My principle's simple:  No one's really above anyone.  To the core, we are almost the same.  Everything else are just superficial stuff.

But then that's me.  People think differently.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm scared.

My Thoughts

Palawan Adventures: Quezon