UP Diliman

Oh I wish I have the whole night to write about UP Diliman.  But anyway, I'd try to write a few.

Earlier today, I was able to go back for leisure, after 2 and a half years, I think.  Oh, the nostalgia!  After being around Taft and PGH and inhaling smog, it was so refreshing to find trees lining the road, a lot of grass and plants and flowers, fewer people per square meter, less buses (and smoke from their tambuchos), less vendors who block the already narrow sidewalk.  It's so nice to be able to walk around the oval, the lagoon, the shopping center.  I saw my old dorm (Molave), the ikot, si manong na nagbebenta ng putok, fishballs, PNB, the chapel, the bahay ng alumni.  I just love Diliman and everything about it. 

You see, UP Diliman was one of the few risky, wrong-but-right choices I made when I was in my teens.  I was all set to be a doctor, and I figured that getting into Psychology would be a smart move, as it would be easier to get through college before I gear up for med school.  Looking back, I would have chosen a different course, but I was glad I left UP Manila for UP Diliman.

Diliman molded my character, improved my sense of humor, let go of my inhibitions, pushed me out of my shell, kept me grounded.  It transformed me from a 'prim-and-proper-girl' to an 'almost-jologs-walang-pakialam-na-taga-UP'.  Masaya.  It was where I met most of the most brilliant, weirdest, eclectic, open-minded people.  It was also where I met the most beautiful people who remained my friends up to this moment.  There was freedom and diversity.  There was real consciousness and emphasis on things that really matter.  I was taught that it is possible to live in an imperfect world, and that it is prudent that we be prepared to be scarred a little to be polished.  I learned that it's fine to be ideal, but it's equally important to be realistic..at mas mabuting maging madiskarte kesa sa magpaka-nerd.  

Diliman was a gift.  

More about Diliman soon.  Duty pa bukas.

Comments

Anonymous said…
is that also where you discovered you really wanna be in showbiz? (wink! wink!) i forgot to ask you to high five oblation for me :(
twinkle said…
yeah. that's the most important realization. pang-showbiz ako. parang ikaw. diva. hehe. shhh.
Anonymous said…
I so can relate sa sinabi mo about leaving UPM for UPD. :)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm scared.

My Thoughts

Palawan Adventures: Quezon