Quatro sans Angeli

It's been years and years since I last met Jo, one of my closest friends in high school.  My and I, well, meet at most thrice a year despite the fact that we're the only two of the quatros who did not go abroad.  We had this little reunion yesterday over coffee bean drinks at MOA.  It was fun to talk about our lives, people from the past, how's who and all that stuff people talk about to catch up.  It's a shame we only had 3-4 hours to talk before we decided to set up another date in two weeks.  Jo wants to teach me how to drink beer, then the harder ones.  Tsk, tsk.  

Jo's glowing!  I'd call it the radiance of love.  She's just recently been engaged to C., somebody she met 2 years ago and has been extremely happy since.  Might explain why her laugh line and the tiny dimples never seem to disappear.  Jo said she never really imagined she could love someone as much as she does C., but she does now, and it feels good.  Aww.  I'm very happy for Jo.  She deserves it.  

Then came her dilemma re:  going back to the states and staying there for a year to get her citizenship vs. staying in the philippines for good with C.  We resolved that if the only thing she's getting from the US is the citizenship that would entail her to spend one year away from C. (who's gonna be an intern by then), then maybe it's not worth it.  One year, she says, is a lot of time.  Sa bagay.

Happiness.

So My and I spent more time together after Jo left.  More real conversations. Being with real friends makes me bare my heart and soul.  

Later in the evening, I realized, Jo is getting married in 2010, Angeli is in a relationship with O. and I am setting My up on a date with ____ hehe. :)  And I...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm scared.

My Thoughts

Palawan Adventures: Quezon