P-Noy

I am writing this as P-Noy is delivering his speech for the 2011 SONA.

I did not vote for him last elections. In fact, I did not vote at all. I was rooting for Gordon, because I believed in his political will, and I think that's what our country need. I've had enough of lip service. I lost faith in government officials.

I did not believe in P-noy. I felt he won because Cory died, and the Filipinos diverted their affection for the well-loved past president to her son, and his party saw the chance of winning by making him the standard bearer - and poor Mar Roxas had to give way for P-Noy. I doubted P-Noy's political will. I doubted that he has the ability to stand his ground. The government can be full of manipulative, money-hungry people, and it would not help having a weak President.

Now, what do I think?

P-Noy definitely stood by his word to attempt to clean the government. The DBM reported that we have saved billions over the last year, and I believe it. I do not expect very tangible results, to be quite honest. That will be very unfair. I see baby steps, and I feel, right and judicious spending will be a very helpful step to a better Philippines.

Do I now believe in P-Noy? I have to. If I don't, then how do I help in making the country better? I believe in where he says he's leading his government and the country.

He has to prove himself though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Thoughts

I'm scared.

Palawan Adventures: Quezon