Internship

It's past 1 am and I'm awake.  This is not unusual really, if you know how hospital duties go, except that now, I'm having my last vacation before I become an intern, and by that, I mean that I should get a LOT of sleep to help me last 12 months of slavery ;)

But seriously, in two weeks, I am becoming an intern.  The red nameplate.  Dr. Anniefel Perez *shudder*

I know the workload.  I have been a clerk, and we do almost the same things, if not THE SAME things, except, of course, that we get to have holidays and lectures.  What makes me jittery is the fact that I will be having a lot of responsibilities come May 1.  Residents, nurses and several others will be looking for "THE INTERN".  Clerks as well will be relying on us to teach them how to do stuff the first few days of their rotation.  PGI's will need us to orient them about the PGH (not-so-perfect) system.  And I have myself to look after.  Boards na on August 2009.

Heck, why so much whining?!

I have been blessed with good, nice and fun interns when I was a clerk, and I should give back.

Oh, if I can just stop time.

PS:  In australia, interns are paid....

*drumroll please*

you won't believe it...

55,000 AUD*

and we get meal tickets and sleepless nights in PGH.  

hay.  PGH o PGH!!

* http://www.imrmedical.com/australiasalaries.htm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm scared.

My Thoughts

Palawan Adventures: Quezon