The Red Nameplate



Meet the famous RED NAMEPLATE.
And this one's mine.
Class Logo, Full Name with my middle name spelled out, "UP" and "PGH".
*Perfect*

I wore it for the first time today.  I actually wasn't really aware that I haven't received mine yet until this morning when I was dressing up.  So I put on my old white nameplate and passively waited for the red one to be delivered to me (haha senorita!).  So anyway, ever so reliable polpins was kind enough to personally give us our nameplates at sentro.  

I have imagined that moment at least once a year since I entered med school.  I imagined euphoria, a teardrop or two, a ceremony with the Dean and PGH Director, maybe with GMA as well (haha!), maybe a non-fastfood dinner in celebration of our internship.

There was none of that today.  It was very casual.  Post-duty LO Pol got it from a brown envelope.  He handed it to me as he would hand me a patient's chart.  There was no euphoria, no tears, no confetti...but drama aside, there was genuine joy, pride and a bit of anxiety.  This is it.  All that we have worked for, a step closer to my family's dream and my future - the dreaded internship!  It is a reward, a privilege, service and a challenge in itself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm scared.

My Thoughts

Palawan Adventures: Quezon