Clouds



SOJR PACU (Post Anesthesia Care Unit - where the post-op patients are brought and stabilized before being brought back down to the wards), is one of the most accessible places I can go to when I desperately need some quiet time alone (don't tell ophtha!).  I was the PACU Intern today and although i had no one to talk to after Anna finished minor OR and I was a sleepy post-duty intern - though I had hunger pangs because of skipping lunch -----I loved the place..

Relative to the PACU in PGH, SOJR's 100x better.  It only has 6 beds, a sleek nurses' counter, glass windows, a beautiful view of no less than the PGH-OPD and the building where I live, I can even see our 'balcony' from there.  Most of all, being in the 4th floor, it provides a very nice view of the sky.

Earlier today, there were cumulus clouds!

I forgot the last time I even paid attention to cloud formations.  For the longest time, I'd only look at the sky to gauge whether or not I should bring an umbrella (which I don't really like by the way), or at night when I need the help of the stars to give me a slight assurance that things will be alright.

So going back to today.  I have become a child again for a minute.  Alone in the PACU, I caught myself smiling genuinely pleased that I was able to catch a glimpse of a 'rabbit-cloud' and a 'monster-cloud'.  I even took a photo.  

Where has this part of me been all these years?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm scared.

My Thoughts

Palawan Adventures: Quezon