Ambu

Today, I had my first 12 hour duty at AMBU as an intern.  For the sake of those who don't know what AMBU it's the small area across PGH-ER where the patients whose cases aren't very emergent are thrown.

So anyway, I had a really amusing patient whose past medical history can be described by one word:  HODGEPODGE.  Grabe.  She has had Pulmonary Tuberculosis, Peptic Ulcer Disease, Enlargement of the Heart, Cholelithiasis, Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Urinary Tract Infection.  So if you come to think of it, she has a problem in her lungs, intestine/stomach, heart, gallbladder, pelvic organs, kidney/ureter/urinary bladder.  And I am guessing that if we digged through her medical history further, we could have uncovered some more diseases to include the skin, hair, muscles, etc.  Oh, she has Osteoporosis too, so that includes the bones.  And Hypertension!  So add the blood vessels.

Hay.

But what I like about her is that she's honest, even if she's very talkative.  I remember that while I was examining her abdomen, she's been talking from her chair to the stretcher, from standing up to sitting down to lying down.  She has been describing everything:

Ayan doctora pag pinipisil mo nararamdaman ko yung matalim...o ayan ang lakas ng tunog parang tambol! naku gallbladder ko talaga yan!..ayan dito hindi yan masakit kahit, kahit madiin...madami ka maririnig na tunog jan kasi gutom na ako...

And she didn't stop...while I was doing my internal and rectal examination, she goes...

Hay naku tinahi kasi yan kaya maliit na lang, o may problema ba?  yan walang bukol di ba? sabi ko sa yo eh...

So, I tried to cut her so I can focus:  Ma'am, wag masyado..

Ang ingay ko 'no?

Then I just laughed and said:  Para kayong commentator!

Then we both laughed.

Patients can be funny.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm scared.

My Thoughts

Palawan Adventures: Quezon