Nenok

Robin Hood.

That's who we become like in PGH.  You won't really understand what or how or why, but it's a given fact.  A sort of secret medical professionals (in PGH, or any government hospital for that matter) share.  We aren't proud of it.  I am not.  But I do understand why it is necessary.

Theoretically, it's not right.  We were warned during our "Art of Medicine" classes.  But in a world where people aren't actually giving and the greater majority are in a state of extreme poverty, and you don't have much to spare anyway, what's the best option?

What's one IV Cannula? one feeding tube?  One HGT Strip?  When they can be potentially life-saving...I just think that during the critical times that I need to get one IV cannula from one patient to use for another patient who does not have a cent to buy one, I become a social equalizer.

Again, I reiterate, it's not right.

But is it entirely wrong?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm scared.

My Thoughts

Palawan Adventures: Quezon