An Open Letter To All Drivers


Dear Driver,

I am but a pedestrian.  But I, like you, have my privilege on the street.  The road is yours.  The pedestrian lane is mine.  The traffic light is for both of us - even if it gives you at least 5 minutes and barely a minute to me and all of my walking buddies.  I don't mind that.  What I mind is when turfs are not respected.  I am a driver occasionally, and I know how annoying it is when a pedestrian crosses the street when MY green light is on.  As a pedestrian, I am annoyed when drivers do not respect MY green light as well.  And my pedestrian lane!  That's my road.  You do not load or unload passengers while your vehicle is on our pedestrian lane because that's where we should walk and because we barely have a minute to cross the street, any unnecessary obstruction is not acceptable.  You have your loading and unloading zones.  Or if you want to be near the street corner, there is a space a few meters away from our lane, so stop there.  

Now, when we are crossing the road, do not try to startle us with your accelerator.  It's wrong to move your vehicle forward when you know you can't cross the intersection yet.  Will a few inches dramatically lessen the time of your travel?  I don't think so.  I tell you, it's a waste of gas and a waste of effort.  

Do not wait for people to put a dent on your bumper.  It is not impossible for pedestrians to kick your vehicle when our patience runs out.  So be careful and be considerate.


Yours truly,
me

Comments

Anonymous said…
P.S.
driver, can we please not correct me when i ask to be let off at the waiting SHED? it really is SHED, not SHADE (as you say). seriously.

weh....

Popular posts from this blog

I'm scared.

My Thoughts

Palawan Adventures: Quezon