Goodbye OB-Gyne.

One duty and one post-duty to go and I'm officially OB-free!  7 weeks and 5 days ago, this would have been a happy-party moment.  But 7 weeks and 5 days into OB, (kapit kayo, ngayon ko lang sasabihin 'to),  I don't want to go just yet.

I'm very happy with the people I've been with.  From PR's block to Lopao's block and the coolest, kindest, smartest residents in our service, I could not ask for anything more.  Of course, if I can undo the boo-boos, I would, but generally, I was in the best possible place.  

Dr. G recently allowed me to do the subcuticular suturing of my CS patient's abdomen.  She also had me do 'some' of the curettage in one of the abortion patients.
Dr. M allowed me to do amniotomy, delivery, episiotomy and repair.  Fortunately, Dr. M didn't have to do re-suturing hehe.  Oh, and I was the first assist in her BTL procedure.
Dr. J had given me a lot of procedures, and promised to treat us 'soon'.  He makes any duty lighter, promise.
Dr. A, though how scared I am of her sometimes, is worthy of her position.  She knows what she wants and makes sure to get them.  Luckily, teaching is one of her goals.  Lucky us.
Dr. V, even if she looks a little mataray, is the sweetest when she calls me by my first name in her melodic voice.  I feel the trust.
Dr. D., nung sinabi mong paanakin ko na ang isang fully na patient, I knew a part of you believed that I can do it.  I was just smart enough to know that you were not that desperate yet, and I was too kind not to risk your license. 
Dr. H, ang stoic na makikay.  My favorite OPD resident.  Besides Dr. J of course.
Dr. A2, Dr. J and Dr. A2, perfect! 
Nurse F.  Hay.  Sana lahat ng nurses ay katulad mo.

And my servicemates!  I cannot ask for anyone else.  Fun, fair, unselfish people with good work ethics.  And of course, P, who's super dependable. 

Oh, and how can I forget my clerks?  Ch., A., Sh., Tn., M., T., R. Mm., Rc.  Thank you.  As Dr. A. said, you've been very good.  I hope to meet you somewhere, sometime.  And the ICCs.  Thank you guys!  'Twas fun hanging around (haha do you actually hang around LR/DR?) with all of you.  Makes my existence as the senior intern justified.

Sa lahat ng pasyenteng makukulit, madradrama, maiingay, matotoxic, thank you!  You were all better than Williams, sana nga lang minus the hysteria.  

Summary Rounds, goodbye.

Speculum, goodbye.  It's funny.  I had this senti moment earlier when I realized it's going to be my last Pap smear as an intern, as I was pulling a speculum out of a patient's you-know-what.  Kadiri no?  But oh well, that's part of the things I'd miss.  The gooey discharge, the stench, the adrenaline rush, the blood.  They all contributed to what this rotation has been and what it has done to me as a person.  

J. and M., two of my new subservicemates, have been teasing and pushing me to go into OB, which, at this point, I don't totally dislike.  Even Dr. R and Dr. H.A. said 'pang-OB ka talaga'.  I don't know.  All I know is, I want to attend my children's recitals, cook my family's meals and take care of them before I even take care of other people.  That, I'm quite sure I can't do when I want to be a damn good OB-Gyne.  But let's see.

I might consider.  I might say hello OB again.

Comments

joanne said…
gusto ko to:
"All I know is, I want to attend my children's recitals, cook my family's meals and take care of them before I even take care of other people. That, I'm quite sure I can't do when I want to be a damn good OB-Gyne. But let's see."

Popular posts from this blog

I'm scared.

My Thoughts

Palawan Adventures: Quezon