Happiness

I remember having this conversation with a good friend about happiness one CI duty night.  I told her that I wish somebody more ambitious, more brilliant, more interested in being somebody big in this kind of world was put in my place so she could maximize all the opportunities and support I am given.  Don't get me wrong.  I am very thankful for what that One Big Guy up there (through my parents and my luck) has given me.  I am.  I feel blessed.  It's just that I feel that if somebody who knows how to strategize more and who's more hungry for what life has to offer - would probably be somebody bigger than I am at 25.

I am a very simple person.  That is a statement of a fact, not in any way an attempt to false modesty.  Give me the essentials to live an uncomplicated life with the people that matter and I'm more than fine.  My idea of a perfect day is me waking up early to take a stroll along the beach and watch the perfect sunrise, go home in my well-lit spacious home, cook and eat it with my family and maybe close friends who live nearby, do something meaningful that might make a change in the world - one small act each day, then drive for an hour on an almost deserted road to a flower filled field or to a pier where I would board a boat to my small island, then come home to find out somebody prepared a delicious dinner for the whole family, then we eat it together and talk again and laugh and just become crazy.  Then a meaningful conversation over coffee and chocolates at the roof deck overlooking the city which, by the way, is a bit far.  My night ends in a prayer, and a good night kiss and hug from everyone as i tuck them all to bed.  Just that life.  No worries about career, money, prestige, etc.  

See I can be boring.  I still believe in the ideal and beautiful.

So anyway, going back to the conversation, she pointed out that people don't realize the reason they work so hard and not mind the happy things for the moment is very simple, they want to be happy.  Sometimes we get stuck in the means that we realize we could have been happier earlier and longer, if only we realized soon enough that the end is not something that we work for, it's something that we choose.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Thoughts

I'm scared.

Palawan Adventures: Quezon