Nahalukay sa Kaban ng Files. Boards.

August 16, 2009
10:52 pm

Here I am, trying to write again. It’s been a while since, and every time a beautiful idea comes up, I just forego, hoping that I could think about it again when I have the time, like now.

I took the medical board exam two weekends ago. I’d say it was what I expected it to be. Nervous doctors, lots of papers, brown envelopes inside plastic envelopes like the ones we carried back in freshmen year, uncomfortable chairs, mixed facial expressions of people right after an exam.

But those four days were just like the tip of the iceberg, like the cherry on top of the vanilla flavored med boards. What really mattered to me were the weeks and weeks of preparation and cramming.

My weekday meetings with PR at the university lib and ate guard’s ‘good morning’ smile. Our 5 minute breaks, her 10 minute naps, our hi yield academic Q&A then our ‘chismis’ in between followed by our occasional ‘fruit juice’ cravings. My evening Mcdo UN meeting with Suzi which, I would say were very very hi yield. My not-so-frequent visit to the AS lib during Saturdays. My Diliman Library meeting with Arn and Pol and our beach house-pancit canton-sandwich and shakes, then our 2 visits at the adoration chapel. My 2 St. Jude visits (the last one being more special because I was with Dad), our almost everyday Ermita Church 6 pm masses and my evening prayers. I also valued the text messages that came just when I needed a break – those from Mommy, Daddy, Tatette, Marnie, Karen, Arn. My dinner time break when I get to chat with my tita. Dad asking me every single day about my yield, and him temporarily doing the chores.

In all honesty, and not in any way a false modesty, I do not feel confident. But I, like the others, am keeping my hopes up and praying for the best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm scared.

My Thoughts

Palawan Adventures: Quezon