Women's Month Celebration Speech

Good Morning! I am very honored to be invited, much so to be asked to speak in an important event as the Women’s Month Celebration.

Yesterday, I delivered 2 babies, that made two women mothers. On the same day, 3 people died on my watch, and in all cases, their mothers gave the loudest cries. I cannot tell you more how important women’s roles are in our lives. From our birth to our death and that lifetime in between.

Today, we celebrate the triumph of women. We highlight our achievement, our empowerment, and of course, our gender equality concerns, challenges and commitment.

Women, who play the most important roles in the lives of the greatest men, are finally recognized. Although we are at par with men in terms of achievement, we still have the qualities that make us unique. No other group could claim to be more nurturing, more compassionate and more considerate than us. It’s also good that now, we are recognized and respected, and most importantly, not discriminated against. Now, we can do what we want to do. What we do with this freedom and opportunity is what I want to drive at today.

I am a woman. I am a physician. People who understand the nature of my profession ask why I do what I do. Why I choose to put myself in a stressful situation. It’s simple, I find fulfillment in treating patients. And it is through medicine that I feel I can make a difference.

While it is true that we as doctors are in a position to touch our patients’ lives, let me tell you this. We are just as good as everybody else. Nurses, mothers, farmers, lawyers, business people, employees, teachers, vendors. All of us are equal, we are just different. Each of us specializes in a certain field so no one is really above anyone. Each of you is making a difference by doing what you do well and in having the compassion and passion to sustain your drive.

Today, more than anything, I would like to invite every woman to join me in celebrating our HEART, in loving what we do and striving to be the best. To take pride in the fact that more than being successful in our field, we stay true to the essence of our womanhood and our humanity by being compassionate human beings who extend our personal space to include a little more.

I wish every woman to find fulfillment in what they do, regardless of their job description or remuneration. The measure of real success is that sense of fulfillment – that what you do moves the world a little bit to make it better.

Happy Women’s Month!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm scared.

My Thoughts

Palawan Adventures: Quezon