Mika


"This is the way you left me, I'm not pretending. No hope, no love, no glory. No happy ending. This is the way that we love, like it's forever. Then live the rest of our life, but not together. Wake up in the morning, stumble on my life. Can't get no love without sacrifice. If anything should happen, I guess I wish you well. A little bit of heaven, but a little bit of hell. This is the hardest story that I've ever told. No hope, or love, or glory. Happy endings gone forever more. I feel as if I'm wasted. And I'm wastin' everyday. 2 o'clock in the morning, something's on my mind. Can't get no rest; keep walkin' around if i pretend that nothin' ever went wrong, I can get to my sleep. I can think that we just carried on." - Happy Ending. Mika

Nice and honest huh?

I got interested in this artist when I heard Josiah Leming sing his version of Grace Kelly. I downloaded his video but never knew any of his songs until one boring afternoon, when I typed the key term "happy" in the search box of Limewire. His name was one of the first names that popped. Serendipitous? hehe. Been playing the song at least once a day since then.

So anyway, I've done a little research about Mika (well, I just really typed Mika, Wikipedia in google) and here's what I gathered.

He was born in Beirut, Lebanon to a Lebanese mom and an American Father, forced to leave war-torn Lebanon at age one and moved to Paris, the moved to London at age 9 where he experienced severe bullying at school. Mika was aslo dyslexic.

There are speculations that he is gay, but he has kept mum about it and has been quoted as saying, " I never talk about anything to do with my sexuality. I just don't think I need to. People ask me all the time. But I just don't see the point. In order to survive I've kind of shut up different parts of my life........" and he said further..."I enjoy creating possibilities out of more mundane things. I don't see myself as being particularly flamboyant. I don't think I'm camp. I just do what makes me feel happy. One thing I suppose I do is a fearlessness that stems from not knowing the rules. When you are constantly rejected, as I was at school, you don't get a chance to play by the rules. If I had been accepted earlier on, maybe I would be more of a conformist now."

Very inspiring Mika.

Very inspiring.

Makes me want to dye my hair red tomorrow, and start looking for my happy ending.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Thoughts

I'm scared.

Palawan Adventures: Quezon