Thank you Lord for simple, peaceful, everyday life.

Last night, I had a horrible dream. I was in a meeting amongst rebels, natives and doctors in what seemed like peace talks. Every so often, we would hear bombs exploding, and somebody in the assembly was randomly shot. But we had to continue with the meeting because wanting out means a gunshot.

Whew! It probably seems too movie-ish, but I do know for a fact that this happens in certain parts of the country and the news does not reach the media to inform the rest of the country. It certainly happens in certain parts of the world too! Slavery, physical, mental and emotional abuse to the deemed weaker members of the society, violence and random deaths.

Hence, my gratitude for my life. My little everyday problems are so miniscule compared to these realities. Thank you for the constant supply of food on our table, for my access to little luxuries like television, for my access to health care, for my education and my chance to spend time quietly with my loved ones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Thoughts

I'm scared.

Palawan Adventures: Quezon